This post is dedicated especially to those who love food and are living in the humble town of Kuching... To those typical Chinese families, set yourself aback by 4 years... the time when the restaurant Tsui Hua Law was the best restaurant in Kuching. It was a time when during festive seasons, families would gather at this particular restaurant to order mouth-watering dishes. I have a fond liking to this restaurant as... heheh.. it was founded by my great-grandfather many years back, and through his hard work and preserverence, it has managed to win the Golden Kris Award in the year 2000. The sad thing was that... last year, my grand uncle, or rather, my grandma's brother decided to sell of the restaurant as they found it really hard to manage. It then changed hands to some owner... and I bet that most of you miss the food...
But fear not people! The food is back, thanks to the commitment and loyalty of the chefs and the staff, a new restaurant has been opened to the public! It's located in Ban Hock Road, and is in the same block as the Jade Pot Teahouse and the Hidden Treasure Christian Gift Shop.
Yeah, I know that my camera is a little "senget" but then... since everyone was staring at me, and if it weren't for the fact that I RISKED MY LIFE to take this picture (I was standing in the middle of the road), this picture would have been much better =P
Okay... so the moment I walked into the restaurant... a strong scent started to fill the air... it was the scent of....
it was...
Yup. Food. The same smell that i used to smell as I was a kid. Oh how I miss it!!!!! ^^
As we walked in, we were instantly greeted by the familiar and friendly faces of those waiters and waitresses. Yup.. ah the good all days... I looked at the happy faces of my parents and grandparents... wow... real happiness! So we can come to a conclusion that....
The stomach is the key to a man and woman's heart xD
So we sat down...
and waited...
and waited...
hold on.. i think i got this wrong...
we sat down...
and ordered food... heck if i knew what they were talking about... forgive me for my mandarin... (i was brought up in a chinese environment but i totally refused to speak in mandarin) but what i knew was... I was gonna taste the same old food again! =D
and THEN we waited...
and waited...
and waited...
how long is this gonna take..?
oh wait...
only 3 minutes passed...
wait... owh yeah... the food arrived in around 5-10 minutes... but at the 3rd minute... their first dish arrived!!! heck if i know whats going on, but the food was served on the 3rd minute! that's only one minute slower than cooking maggi mee!!
and this was their first dish...
So... the food that was included in this dish is:
1. Seaweed (the green looking stuff.
comments: It was kinda nice... I mean... REALLY NICE!!! i think it was the first item to be finished
2. Seasoned baby octopus (the thingies with tentacles)
comments: Sweet and chewy...
3. Ham
comments: yeah, ham. it was really nice, though... and it tasted somewhat like the commercial ham... only... nicer in a way xD
4. Drunken Chicken
comments: the chicken was really tender and was soaked in wine before it was prepared and is served cold... makes you wonder if the chicken was fed with wine as well eh?
5. Duck
comments: heck i dont know how this was prepared.. but it was nice!! XD
6. and lastly... JELLYFISH
comments: my favourite!!! =P
yeah... and and and... the dishes were so nice that my parents decided to order it again... yeah.. hahaha!! *first time i hear*
Anyway.. it was soooo nice that...
Isn't it funny how people don't notice anything happening around them when they're engrossed with food?
This water buffalo does though... wait.. he's not a humanHey wait... I'm NOT comparing my sis to a water buffalo!!! my sis is much better than that grass-eating monster xD
Note: I did this with my sis' permission
Moving on, the next dish served was:

Note: I did this with my sis' permission
Moving on, the next dish served was:

Noodles

My friend... He's living in our backyard =D

Yep. Noodles. Was so nice that I didnt notice the sauce being spilt on my hand... hey... at least i dont eat with my nose...
My friend... He's living in our backyard =DMoving on... we had pork ribs with prawn balls... they tasted quite good... and of course... enjoy lahhhh... nice wad...
i'm kinda tired now... so i'll just post pics and let u guys see xD
dono wad this dish is called
peanut chicken
fish lip soup???
Overall... all the food served tasted quite nice... and while we were waiting for the dessert... i looked to my left and this is what i saw...
Kids painting the "today's special"

dono wad this dish is called
peanut chicken
fish lip soup???Overall... all the food served tasted quite nice... and while we were waiting for the dessert... i looked to my left and this is what i saw...
Kids painting the "today's special"using the water from

so kids were actually painting the 'today's special' after eating? hmm... makes me wonder... they could be the artists of tomorrow!! xD
expect them to look like this in the future..

expect them to look like this in the future..

oklarh maybe not that old... dessert arrived in 10 minutes... and i had to say... that this is absolutely the BEST dessert i have ever tasted... It's called the Gao Li Tou Sar.
and this is what it looked like
The best dessert I've ever tasted
and this is what it looked like
The best dessert I've ever tastedWanna know how it tastes like? contrary to its look... it actually is served hot, due to the fact that there is some tau sar inside... with sugar sprinkled on top.. i'm acting like a food enthusiast lol...
anyway, if you wanna taste that same old taste Tsui Hua Law had, come to Heritage Restaurant, Ban Hock Road =D
~signing out
anyway, if you wanna taste that same old taste Tsui Hua Law had, come to Heritage Restaurant, Ban Hock Road =D
~signing out

















2 comments:
WAHHH!!!!! Hungry liaw!!!!
Damn u Kel! Make me hungry!! And all those yummy food are thousand miles away!!!!! T.T But so def gonna recommend this restaurant to my fam.
Post a Comment